Wednesday, February 27, 2013

American Idol Recap: Amber Holcomb


I don't know if you've been watching American Idol lately (meaning the last ten years or so) but it has slowly but surely lost all hope.  It's almost like the criteria for being a contestant has nothing to do with being able to sing.  I will say that last year's Joshua Ledet was easily the best male contestant ever.  In fact he could out sing/perform anyone in today's music industry in a heartbeat.  I digress.  This season has been no different from the last couple of seasons as far as mediocre competition goes, but there was one person who proved me wrong.

Amber Holcomb, an 18 year old from Houston, TX, is without a doubt the next American Idol. She performed during the first week of the live sudden death rounds.  The time hasn't come yet for America to vote, but she already has mine.  I must have rewound the tele about 50 times listening to her sing "My Funny Valentine".  Her vocals were pitch perfect.  If you think otherwise, I'm just going to go ahead and assume you are either a hater, tone deaf, or both. If she doesn't at least make the top 5, there is something seriously wrong with America.  I can't wait to see what she'll do in coming weeks. Take a look at her performance below, and you'll understand my anticipation.  You go girl! 

 

Tune in to American Idol every Wednesday and Thursday on Fox at 8/7c

Source: American Idol

No comments:

Post a Comment