Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hair of the Day: Randomly Pinned Twists

 Last night was the first day of the Castor Oil Challenge, so I started it off with applying castor oil to my scalp.  I did it the old fashioned way of putting some on my finger and putting it on my scalp.  I will definitely be investing in an applicator bottle.  Anyways, while I was putting on the oil I figured I might as well twist my hair up at the same time.  I twisted on dry, old hair.  Old hair meaning I had worn a twist out and a puff before putting the twists in.  My hair was so stretched by the time I started doing the twists that it appeared to have been blown out.
 I always wanted to try out some of my sister's Whipped Shea by Oyin Handmade.  So this is what I applied to each twist.  I really liked the shine and softness it adds to my hair.  The smell is a bit overbearing though. 
 When I first started, I had an idea to do a cute pin up type of style.  So the front is somewhat pinned down with bobby pins.  By the time I got to the back, I was over it.  So I just randomly stuck bobby pins in it to just lay the twists down.  Cant wait to see the twist out results tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment