Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Alvin Ailey Experience


 My family and I attended the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater performance downtown last night and it was awesome! Seeing them was on my imaginary bucket list so I'm glad I went. We saw them perform "Grace", "Minus 16", and "Revelations".  My favorite dance was by far the Fix me, Jesus part in Revelations.It was fun trying to figure out the different stories within the dances.  They were all super fit and flexible (jealousss). At one point, they went in the audience and found random people to bring on stage and dance with.  It was very cool and the music was pretty great as well. I advise everyone to check when they'll be in your city so you can experience it too.  I'll put a video below of the dance I enjoyed most.  This is an older performance but you'll get the point.  The rest are pics I took while we were there.
 

Preview of my hair..check out the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment