Thursday, March 28, 2013

In Search of...


I'm getting down to the last bit of my Carol's Daughter Hair Smoothie, so Ive been on a hunt for a new one.  Finally, I've narrowed it down to four products (in no particular order).  Below are my choices and how I rank them in various categories.


1. Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask 16oz for $7.99 

http://www.sallybeauty.com/argan-oil-masque/PROCLM37,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH
Ingredients: Good
Smell: Good
Price vs. Quantity: Good
User Reviews: Split
My thoughts: This is the only product that doesn't have an official website so I find that a little odd.  The reviews on this were somewhat split, so I'm not sure how to judge it.  I like to try things that are less popular and I've also been wanting to try a product with argan oil so perhaps I'll try the sample of this before making a decision...

2. Nothing But Intense Healing Mask 16oz for $10.99


http://www.sallybeauty.com/intense-healing-mask/SBS-890603,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH
Ingredients: Good
Smell: Iffy
Price vs. Quantity: Ok
User Reviews: Ok
My thoughts: I heard that this has a lemony/lime smell so that doesn't appeal to me much.  But again, this is something that I haven't heard much about so it peaks my interest...

3. Eden Body Works All Natural Deep Conditioner 16oz for $9.99


http://www.walmart.com/ip/EDEN-BodyWorks-JojOba-Monoi-All-Natural-Deep-Conditioner-16-fl-oz/21095648
Ingredients: Good
Smell: Iffy
Price vs. Quantity: Good
User Reviews: Mostly Good
My thoughts: Jojoba oil is another oil that I've been wanting to use and I've heard nothing but good things about this.  It has a tingly affect and I like that, but I've heard mixed reviews about the smell...
 

4. Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner 15oz for $6.89

http://www.sallybeauty.com/repair-deep-conditioner/SBS-370925,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH
Ingredients: Good
Smell: Good
Price v. Quantity: Good
User Reviews: Mostly Good
My thoughts: I know for a fact that I love one Beautiful Textures product so I would hope that this one would be no different.  I would like to try this, but if the consistency is anything like their moisture butter, I would prefer something a little thicker...

No comments:

Post a Comment