Friday, October 19, 2012

My First Two-Strand Twists

My first attempt at two-strand twists came out nice.  I did them all by myself, with a little coaching from my veteran big sister.  I co-washed with moisturizing VO5 conditioner and detangled my hair while the conditioner was in.  Then, after I rinsed the conditioner out I sprayed my hair with a little Aloe Vera/water mixture and picked my hair to get full length.  I didn't want wet hair before I started twisting so I sat under a hooded dryer until my hair was mostly dry.
All stretched out
I applied this to every twist
At first, I was very systematic about parting my hair in the front, but once I got to the right side in the front and most definitely the back, all that parting went out the window.  So, on the left side in the front, the twists are more spaced out.   I am very pleased with my results.  I wasn't necessarily going to wear the twists out in public, but they're pretty presentable.  I hope my twist out comes out nice as well.  Here are some pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment