Friday, October 5, 2012

Song of the Day: My Mine

http://singersroom.com/content/2012-07-26/Jhene-Aiko-For-My-Brother/
Jhené Aiko is yet another artist who is highly underrated.  I've known about her for a long while now (since the B2K days) but I never bothered to listen until now.  Her style is often compared to Cassie, but Jhené is most definitely cut from a different cloth.  She writes her own work, and the lyrics are always incredibly deep.  She recently lost her older brother Miyagi to cancer and she wrote the song For my Brother.  It never fails to make me cry like a newborn.  She is a young and determined mother trying to pave her way in the music industry.  This song, My Mine, is a gem from her mixtape Sailing SoulsSailing Souls is available for FREE on her website JheneAiko.com.  I've literally had it on repeat for 2 days straight.  Find out why...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment