Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Hair: Finger Coil Out Disaster!

Easter 2013 wash-n-go
While everyone else was having fun showing off their Easter clothes and hair styles, I was having a fit over mine.  It was so bad I only got one decent picture! My outfit was fine, but my hair gave me so much trouble that I just felt defeated overall.  It started the night before Easter...

Hated it!
 I picked up the Beautiful Textures Styling Custard from Sally earlier that day, and I couldn't wait to use it!  I already knew I wanted to do finger coils so I figured this would be the perfect product.  Its like a mixture of a gel and a cream.  Just what I was looking for.  So later that night I to finger coiled my hair using the styling custard.  It gave my hair amazing slip which is great for coiling the hair around my finger.  I was a little skeptical about the gel still showing in my hair because the jar clearly says "non-flaking".  With a little time however, the gel was gone and I was left with sleek coils.  I timed my self doing them, and I kid you not, it only took me a total of 48 minutes!
The next day, Easter, I proceeded to take the coils apart to rock the coil out. I knew that the definition of the coil out would be something different than I was used to, but I was ready to make it work.  To my dismay, it wasn't the definition I had to worry about.  It was the product I used! The Beautiful Textures Styling Custard was a complete fail!  Never have I ever had a product flake up on me the way this did! It looked like someone sprinkled salt all over my head.  It was so bad, I ended up having to co-wash.  Just when I thought it was over, the custard wouldn't wash out!  It took me 3 times to get it all out and even after that, there was a little left.  I am so disappointed by this product, especially since it says "non-flaking" on the jar.  I ended up wearing a plain wash and go to church.  I won't be using this product again or doing finger coils for a while after this experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment