Monday, April 8, 2013

Product Review: Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask

Besides the butterfly clips and disappointing Beautiful Textures Styling Custard I purchased from Sally Beauty, I also got this Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque sample.  It was a little less than $2, and this 1oz sample contained more product than I expected.  I probably should have done this review the same day I did it so that I could do a more accurate review, but I'll tell you what I recall about it.

First of all, it was very thick.  I had to squeeze hard to get it all out of the package.  I like thick products so that was a plus for me.  The smell was almost neutral.  It definitely has a smell, its not bad or overpowering, but it wasn't a smell that I could fall in love with.  I put it on my hair and it provided little to no slip, which was fine for me because I had no intentions of detangling with it.  After applying it, I sat under the dryer with a plastic baggy for 15 minutes.  My results were neutral.  My hair wasn't softer or more moisturized than normal. The masque didn't harm my hair in anyway, but it also didn't do anything especially beneficial.

This was a DC on my list to consider, but after using it, I think it's safe to say that this won't be my choice.  I'm sure it takes more than one usage to know if the product is effective or not, but I think I know all I need to know.  Not that I didn't like it, but it just didn't wow me enough to get a whole jar of it.  I like that this comes in a sample size so I'll buy that instead if I ever want to use it again.  As far as recommendations, I would recommend it.  I liked it, but I didn't love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment