Sunday, April 14, 2013

My First Straw Set!

I'll be playing catch up on these next few posts.  This one was supposed to go up on Friday but here it is.  I was inspired by backsyncfan and WomanInTheJungle on YouTube to do a straw set on my hair.  I practiced it several months ago but my hair was too short then.  I figured now was a good time to do it.  I was hoping for an outcome similar to an outcome of a finger coil out.  I used regular sized bendy drinking straws.  I cut them up and ended up doing about 80-90 curls with the straw pieces.  I used Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie on each curl. 
It seemed like it took an eternity.  I started at about 3:45pm on Friday, and didn't finish until about 1:30am on Saturday! Of course I took many breaks in between, one of which included twisting my mother's hair, so I'm just going to guess that it took about 4hrs or so altogether.  I had my sister do the back of my head because it gets pretty easy to miss hair if you can't see what you're doing.  After all that, this hairstyle had better be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment