Sunday, April 28, 2013

New and Improved Shea Butter Mix

Perhaps you recall my previous Shea Butter Recipe that I made for the first time a while back.  Well this recipe right here!? It's the absolute best.  After watching some videos on YouTube of how to achieve that fluffy texture I was going for, I found that all I needed to do was mix longer and add more coconut oil.  I also slightly melted the Shea Butter so it was partly liquid when I began mixing.  I'm not going to list the ingredients because this is something that can be and should be free-styled.  But if you need a recipe to get you going, just refer to my previous one and adjust the coconut oil measurement to 1/4cup. I added some other secret ingredients that I'll keep to myself for now :).    With the first batch, I was afraid that if I mixed the butter too long, it would be too runny.  To my surprise, that is exactly what the mix needs to be in order for it to fluff up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment