Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Booked: Tar Baby by Toni Morrison

Toni Morrison is a world renown author that I am just now beginning to love.  Tar baby was the first book I read completely through by her.  In a nutshell it's a novel about a rich white man, his worrisome wife, their appreciative black servants, the black servants' niece,  and an uninvited male guest. Though there were about 3 stories in one, the main focus, was that of a forbidden love.  At first, I was very confused by the way Morrison wrote, then by the middle of the book, I was hooked!  I couldn't read this book fast enough.  I kept wanting know what would happen next and I couldn't put it down.  However, by the time I was finished, I was beyond shocked and appalled at how badly it ended.  Although I really hated the ending, I will say that this is one of my favorite books that I read this summer.  Check your local library! 

No comments:

Post a Comment