Friday, September 14, 2012

Hair Tip: Why I Went Natural...

Before I went natural, I made a list of reasons why it was a good decision.  I advise anyone who is thinking about going natural to do the same.  It will help you stay motivated and give reassurance on the days your hair drives you crazy.

1. To Be Myself- It's very easy to fall into the trap of "everyone else does it".  I wanted to be able to express myself in my own way.

2. Healthy Hair- Having "good hair" doesn't mean straight and silky.  Good hair=Healthy Hair.  I've had trouble with breakage in the past and I was ready to start fresh and have a healthy head of hair.

3.  Unlimited Style Options- When I was researching natural hair, I saw so many beautiful hairstyles.  Naturals can wear their hair curly, straight, kinky, twisted, braided etc.  My options were limited with a relaxer.

4. Cheaper Than Relaxers- Going to the beauty salon to get a relaxer was beyond too much money.  With natural hair, I could do my own hair basically for free (minus product costs).

5. Conflicting Personality- I'm not a superficial person at all.  I prefer natural things.  I don't wear makeup often, I don't wear weaves, no fake nails, eyelashes etc.  I have a taste for bohemian/eclectic styles and neo-soul music. I wanted my outward appearance to match what I felt on the inside.

6. If I Love Me, so Will He- This reason was by far the most random.  There's just something about a guy that embraces a woman in her natural state.  I just want to attract the right one ;)

7. To Be an Inspiration- I get really excited when I see other naturals in public.  I want people to look at me in the same way and know that its okay and beautiful to just be yourself.

Everyone has their own reasons for going natural. Make sure you do your research and really take into consideration how big of a decision it is.  It can change your life for the better if you let it!

No comments:

Post a Comment