Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Current faves...


At this point, I am less than a week away from being 3months natural.  In these early stages, its hard for me to say what my staple products are, because I feel like anything works well with the little styling that I do.  However, there are three products that I absolutely love and I'll tell you why.

Honey Hemp Conditioner 8.4oz
Oyin Honey Hemp is described as a detangling and moisturizing conditioner.  It's all natural (like all Oyin Products).  The instructions say that you can rinse it out or leave it in.  I leave it in.  I love the smell of it and it is light enough to leave in my hair.  I love it as a leave in, because unlike other conditioners, this does not leave my hair crunchy or hard.  Plus it keeps my hair moisturized throughout the day!  The only downside to this product, is that it's a little out of my price range (I'm a broke college student).  It is only available online since I live nowhere near the store location, so I have to pay S&H in addition to the price.  It comes in 3 different sizes, but I just get the smallest to save money.  For this reason, I don't use this everyday (only on shampoo days) in order to conserve it. Other than that, I love this stuff! It can be purchased at curlmart.com and the official Oyin Handmade site.
Moisture Butter 8oz
Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter is amazing! It smells great and it really penetrates my hair and hydrates it.  I use it at night, or on days that I'm too lazy to co-wash.  It makes my hair soft and manageable.  It does a good job of relieving my hair of any dryness or itchiness that occurs. I also like that it doesn't contain harsh chemicals or petroleum.  The price isn't too bad.  Check your local beauty supply or Walmart.
Replenishing Conditioner 12.25 oz
I use Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner as a deep conditioner.  On shampoo days, I put this in my hair, and it makes it so easy to comb through.  After I detangle, I put on a baggy and sit under a dryer for 15mins.  This smells wonderful as well and it makes my hair supper soft.  This can be found almost anywhere, and the price is right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment