Friday, September 14, 2012

My Big Chop!

My big chop date was originally set for August 10, 2012.  I struggled trying to pick a date because I wasn't sure when my new growth would be at length I was comfortable with.  I have never been nervous or worried about what I would look like with short hair, but for some reason, I wanted to stick it out and transition for at least 5months.  I was no stranger to short hair being that my relaxed hair was cut short and tapered in the back, and I had worn my hair slicked down (my Jada Pinkett).  So cutting my hair shorter was not a big deal to me.  Finally, after transitioning for about 3.5 months (with very little usage of heat), I decided to cut it all off on June 27, 2012.  I had no reason not to.  My original plan was to get box braids, and continue to transition, then go to a barber, but I just went and chopped it off myself with a smile on my face!  My older sister helped me cut all the straggly relaxed ends off (she's a veteran natural).  That pretty much sums up my big chop story, no regrets.
Day after My Big Chop "Fuzz ball stage"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment