Sunday, September 23, 2012

My first style Experience: Coils



So this past Thursday night, I decided to try some coils on my hair.  I envisioned the style in my head and asked my sister to help me make it happen.  The first thing I did, was co-washed with Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner.  I consider the Organix to be a little more luxurious than the other conditioners I have, so I only use it for special occasions :). 
The rest of the products used were Oyin Juices and Berries for a leave in, Eco-Styler gel for the flat twists and coils, and a mixture of Aloe Vera Juice and water for detangling.  I also used clips, rubber bands, and a wide tooth comb.
It was pretty simple.  I did four flat twists on the right side of my head and my sister did the rest of my hair in coils.  We started on Thursday night since I don't  have classes on Fridays, and finished the next day.  I'd guesstimate and say it took about 3hrs, mind you we took a lot of breaks.  The gel has really allowed the coils to stay coiled up w/o making my hair hard.  My hair was a bit itchy this morning, but I fixed that by spraying the Juices and Berries on it and putting on a baggy while I was in the shower.  Here's some photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment