Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hair Tip: Puff Power!


Now that my hair is a bit longer, I can do more things with it like the beloved afro puff.  I'm going to take you step by step how I do this style.

Before
So, I usually co-wash every day, but on days that I'm going to do a puff I don't (or I wait until my hair is dry if I do co-wash).  I want to have maximum volume.  No time for shrinkage!  This look can take some time so make sure you aren't in a hurry.  Here's what I use:
Brush, Mixture of Water and Aloe Vera Juice, BT Moisture Butter, Plastic Pick, Headband w/o metal, Eco-Styler

Step 1: Moisturize hair with Beautiful textures moisture butter.  Make sure you get it all through your hair using your fingers.  This makes your hair easy to detangle.

My hair with the Moisture Butter

Step 2: Pick your hair out.  This is the longest step.  Make sure you pick it out as evenly as possible all over.
Picked...solid

Step 3: Apply Eco-styler to just the front and spray it with the water/aloe vera juice. (I spray it to make sure there's no white residue).  I know this defeats the purpose of my hair being dry, but I don't spray that much and it dries relatively fast.
Step 4:  Use a brush, to smooth the front down and put the headband on.  Push the headband back as far as you see fit.


Headband on
Step 5: Pick-n-Pat!! This is the final step.  Pick your hair out to make it the length you want and pat it into shape.  Be very careful not to pull hair from under the headband as you pick.  You can add a little more eco-styler to your edges if you'd like.  Add some funky earrings and you are finished!
Finished!


2 comments: