Friday, September 28, 2012

Skin Health: Indian Healing Clay

I purchased this from The Vitamin Shoppe 4 weeks ago for about $9.  I saw it on the shelf several times but I was only pushed to get it after I watched a video by the Boho Naturalista Fran of HeyFranHey.com.  It is 100% natural bentonite clay and it has so many benefits.  It can be used as a foot soak, clay bath, acne relief, a chilled clay for insect bites and more.  Fran uses it to clarify her hair as well as a facial mask.  I have only used it has a facial mask to lift blackheads and whatnot.  I am fairly pleased with my results.

The instructions say to mix it with apple cider vinegar or water, but I use my trusty Aloe Vera Juice.  Once you mix it, you put it on your face and let it dry for 5-20 mins. depending on your skin type.  Those with sensitive skin should stay in the 5-10min. range.  You can use it however often you'd like.  I only use it once a week, but I've heard that some people use it every other day.  Whatever suits you.

I was a little caught off guard the first time I used it as a mask because it got so tight on my face and it began to pulsate just like the directions say.  I didn't realize how odd it would feel for my face to pulsate that way.  After the initial shock, it began to feel more like a massage.  Overall, my face does seem clearer, and it does do a good job of removing impurities.  I use E.L.F mineral mist and a little clean and clear acne fighting moisturizer (cvs brand) afterwards because my face is extremely dry after I take the mask off.  Also it might began to sting a little (take it off), but I still love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment